The Washington State Reflections Art Program is an opportunity for all Cherry Crest students to showcase their talents in visual arts, photography, music, dance, film, and literature. The 2020-2021 program year theme is “I Matter Because”. Visit the Washington state Reflections website to learn more about the program and entry rules.
Young artists get involved through their local PTA or PTSA. A student may submit an entry in any of six arts areas. Only original works of art are accepted. The six art areas are:
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
The National PTA Reflections program supports student success and serves as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in the school community. Students with disabilities may receive special accommodation by entering the special artist division.